[coreboot] SPI Flash debug console on H8SCM

Fabian coreboot at bufa.info
Fri Sep 15 18:40:18 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

I try to get coreboot run on my H8SCM. Sadly I get no log over serial or USB. So I want to give SPI console a try. It seems to be a very new feature introduced here [1].

When I compile coreboot it fails with this warning:
warning: (CPU_SPECIFIC_OPTIONS && CPU_SPECIFIC_OPTIONS && CPU_SPECIFIC_OPTIONS && CPU_SPECIFIC_OPTIONS && CONSOLE_SPI_FLASH) selects BOOT_DEVICE_SPI_FLASH_RW_NOMMAP_EARLY which has unmet direct dependencies (SPI_FLASH && BOOT_DEVICE_SPI_FLASH_RW_NOMMAP)

As written in [1] it's only tested for Skylake. How much effort is necessary to port it to my board? Are there more Information about SPI console? Or is there an other way to get log from my board?

One more question to the AMD experts: There are two motherboard models "H8SCM" and "H8SCM (Fam10)". Whats the difference?

Greetings,
Fabian

[1] https://mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2017-June/084538.html