[coreboot] AGESA fam15 code removals

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 16:59:51 CEST 2017

Hi

I can remember exactly one user of AGESA fam15 code from the past 5
years or so. He has informed me of having no possibility to test with
the H8QGI he once had access to and as the little discussion on this
list about H8SCM also appears seized now, I have to inform none of the
AGESA fam15 boards in the tree have reached EARLY_CBMEM_INIT and
nobody is actively working on the topic.

So after release of 4.7, I would place the following boards on the
immediate LATE_CBMEM_INIT kill-list:
  amd/dinar, supermicro/h8scm, supermicro/h8qgi, tyan/s8226.

After removal of the boards, related platform code and vendorcode
subtree will be removed as well.

Actually, I would like to commit the incomplete work on these fam15
boards (that do pass abuild) even before 4.7 release to proceed with
other related cleanups on AGESA. Work on the boards has been available
for review/improvement since Aug 01 but there has been no takers, and
really nobody with hardware to even ask for testing.

Here's the top-of-tree cleanup commit, with fam15 as dependency, that
I'd like to get in before 4.7 release:
https://review.coreboot.org/c/21695/3

Now this would be against our normal no-regressions policy, but we
really do not have any feedback for these fam15 boards for so long
time now... So would it matter? If I just tagged them with
[INCOMPLETE] or something like that?

Kyösti