[coreboot] Intel Leaf Hill Coreboot Trouble

Cameron Craig Cameron.Craig at exterity.com
Tue Oct 3 17:51:34 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I have enabled post codes and all the debug config options in coreboot that looked useful.

As Paul has already done, I have narrowed down the latest issue to the FspSiliconInit() stage (FSP-S).
The 0x93 post code is the last message I get on the serial console, and signifies that FspSiliconInit() has started but not completed.
See (https://github.com/coreboot/coreboot/blob/master/src/include/console/post_codes.h).

I have attached the full serial log.

I can’t see how the actual FSP blob could be at fault here.

I don’t know if this is of help, but I came across this document:
https://github.com/IntelFsp/FSP/raw/ApolloLake/ApolloLakeFspBinPkg/Docs/Apollo_Lake_FSP_Integration_Guide.pdf

Specifically section 3.5.4:
“It is expected that boot loader will program MTRRs for SBSP as needed after TempRamExit but before entering FspSiliconInit. If MTRRs are not programmed properly, the boot performance might be impacted.”

This “boot performance” may be part of the issue?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, this mailing list has been helpful so far!

Cheers,
Cameron

Cameron Craig | Graduate Software Engineer | Exterity Limited
tel: +44 1383 828 250 | fax:
e: Cameron.Craig at exterity.com | w: www.exterity.com