[coreboot] Lenovo Thinkpad X201: recipe for target 'add_intel_firmware' failed

Sam Kuper sam.kuper at uclmail.net
Sun Mar 19 20:06:00 CET 2017

On 19/03/2017, Sam Kuper <sam.kuper at uclmail.net> wrote:
> I am trying to build Coreboot for the X201, and to improve the
> Coreboot wiki's X201 page as I go along.
>
> I am presently following the instructions at this permalink:
> https://www.coreboot.org/index.php?title=Board:lenovo/x201&oldid=24764#Method_1:_external_flasher
>
> [...]
>
> Everything went fine, so far, until this step:
> https://www.coreboot.org/index.php?title=Board:lenovo/x201&oldid=24764#Compile_Coreboot

I tracked down the source of the error. The instructions here (
https://www.coreboot.org/index.php?title=Board:lenovo/x201&oldid=24764#Extract_descriptor_and_Management_Engine_regions
) specify that the "descriptor" and "Management Engine" regions should
be extracted to the following directory:

coreboot/3rdparty/mainboard/lenovo/x201/

However, the Coreboot build process instead expects to find those
extracts in this directory:

coreboot/3rdparty/blobs/mainboard/lenovo/x201/

After moving the extracted files from the former directory to the
latter, the build proceeds without errors. I will amend the
instructions in the wiki's X201 page to specify extraction of those
regions to the latter directory, instead of the former.