[coreboot] Where to get ME image/flash descriptors for the x220?

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Mon Mar 13 21:11:40 CET 2017

On 03/08/2017 01:29 PM, Igor Skochinsky wrote:

> Hello Taiidan,
>
> Alas, the 8duj28us.exe update and a few others I checked do not seem to contain the ME region or the descriptor. There is 8duj28us.exe with the ME update but it requires an already running ME to be applied. You could in theory extract the partitions from it and assemble into a valid ME region by constructing an FPT but that's not trivial. I would suggest you to just take the descriptor and ME region from "random people on the internet". The descriptor does not contain any code and the ME firmware is signed by Intel so it can't be backdoored by randos (there are much easier ways to hack people than stealing keys from Intel).
Damn :[
There is also the .iso bios update with the .FL2 and FL1 files what
about that?

I had heard rumors from a couple people that there are ME signing keys
floating around in the darknet on some elite hacker forums so I was
paranoid as I don't want to have my machine used to hack something
important.