[coreboot] Where to get ME image/flash descriptors for the x220?

Igor Skochinsky skochinsky at mail.ru
Wed Mar 8 19:29:28 CET 2017

Hello Taiidan,

Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 6:23:37 AM, you wrote:

Tgc>Uhh thanks but that's kinda missing the point of this - that I
Tgc>don't want binaries from random people on the internet.

Alas, the 8duj28us.exe update and a few others I checked do not seem to contain the ME region or the descriptor. There is 8duj28us.exe with the ME update but it requires an already running ME to be applied. You could in theory extract the partitions from it and assemble into a valid ME region by constructing an FPT but that's not trivial. I would suggest you to just take the descriptor and ME region from "random people on the internet". The descriptor does not contain any code and the ME firmware is signed by Intel so it can't be backdoored by randos (there are much easier ways to hack people than stealing keys from Intel).