[coreboot] GRUB2 is not displaying Hard disk (hd0) partition

Dhanasekar Jaganathan jdhanasekarmca at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 16:53:40 CEST 2017

Hi Nico,

>You can get used to the (ahci*) numbering, or in case you need to sup-
>port both schemes with the same config file: My default `grub.cfg`
>generated by grub-mkconfig works around these differences with the
>`search` command (see `info grub search`). For instance, it can set the
>`root` variable to a partition found by its filesystem's UUID, e.g.:

>    search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root
>ad4103fa-d940-47ca-8506-301d8071d467

Actually, I am installing ONIE through GRUB2.  As per your suggestion, I
have changed all* (hd0)* to* (ahci4)* in ONIE's grub.cfg. Still, GRUB2 is
not finding (automatically) grub.cfg.
By default, *"memdisk"* is set to root. But I expect *"ahci"* should be
default root.

How to change gurb's default root to "ahci"?.

Please provide your comments.

Thanks,
Dhanasekar