[coreboot] GRUB2 is not displaying Hard disk (hd0) partition

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Thu Jul 6 22:39:47 CEST 2017

On 06.07.2017 16:53, Dhanasekar Jaganathan wrote:
> Hi Nico,
>
>> You can get used to the (ahci*) numbering, or in case you need to sup-
>> port both schemes with the same config file: My default `grub.cfg`
>> generated by grub-mkconfig works around these differences with the
>> `search` command (see `info grub search`). For instance, it can set the
>> `root` variable to a partition found by its filesystem's UUID, e.g.:
>
>>    search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root
>> ad4103fa-d940-47ca-8506-301d8071d467
>
> Actually, I am installing ONIE through GRUB2.  As per your suggestion, I
> have changed all* (hd0)* to* (ahci4)* in ONIE's grub.cfg. Still, GRUB2 is
> not finding (automatically) grub.cfg.

GRUB as payload has one config file embedded that just loads the next
file from coreboot's CBFS (etc/grub.cfg). You have to add such a file to
your coreboot image. You can go on chainloading ONIE's grub.cfg from
there. Supposedly something like:

    configfile (ahci4,1)/boot/grub/grub.cfg

(I don't know the exact path ONIE uses). Put that into a new file and
add it to your image, e.g.

    cbfstool coreboot.rom add -t raw -n etc/grub.cfg -f
new-chainloading-grub.cfg

or add it during the coreboot build, in "Payload" menu "Include GRUB2
runtime config file ...".

Nico