[coreboot] Setup required for autotest & older boards?

Jeremy Banks korethr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 01:38:48 CET 2017

Hello all,

Two questions:

First, I was reading the Testing section of the Development Guidelines
on the wiki [1] and the autotest section caught my eye. It said to ask
on the mailing list, so here I am. Besides the always-online host
system, what is the special circuitry required? Is it particularly
expensive or difficult to acquire or set up?

Second, what kinds of boards are considered valuable testing targets? Is
coreboot wanting more testing on newer boards or are there gaps in older
boards, chipsets, super I/Os that need a hardware testing target? I ask
because I'm in the process of cleaning up and have some older
motherboards boards and related parts I will be disposing of. Think
socket AM3, AM2 and older. It's helpful to have these available as
testing targets, great. Otherwise, I'll be disposing of them.

Regards,
Jeremy Banks