[coreboot] KGPE-D16 SR-IOV problems (iommu groups) - Anyone else tried this?

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Sat Jan 21 09:40:20 CET 2017

Assigning regular devices such as a graphics card to a VM works just
fine, but when I try to assign an intel i350 virtual function I receive
the error

"error: internal error: Invalid device 0000:07:10.0 iommu_group file
/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:07:10.0/iommu_group is not a symlink"

The PF's are split in to seperate IOMMU groups like every other pci-e
device but for some while the VF's appear in lspci they aren't placed in
IOMMU groups at all not even in the ones that the PF's are in.

Weird.

Note: PCI-e root ports all report ACS support and so does the NIC and I
am using the /etc/modprobe.d/blahblah.conf max_vfs option to enable SR-IOV.

Help from intel is blood from a stone, so I am wondering if anyone else
has this successfully working?
(I just bought a null modem cable and I now have free time to supply
whichever logs are needed)