[coreboot] payload coreinfo - no button press works

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 27 08:57:55 CET 2017

Dear i1w5d7gf38keg,

Am Sonntag, den 26.02.2017, 21:23 +0100 schrieb i1w5d7gf38keg at tutanota.com:
> Hardware: g41m-es2l, latest coreboot git, latest seabios git, native
> vga, ps2 keyboard + usb keyboard

Please always add the commit hashes to your reports, as reading the
mailing list archive [1] in the future, “latest” is harder to map to a
specific commit.

> I liked to try out coreinfo. It show the CPU Information page at
> start. When i then press any button (f1,f2,a,b,c,d) nothing happens.
> I also cant reboot by pressing ctrl+alt+del. Have to press the ATX-
> power-on/off-button.
>
> I then shut down and connected a USB-Keyboard. I pressed in Seabios
> esc (usb keyboard is working) and then inside coreinfo i was again
> unable to get any functionality by pressing some button.

The payload *coreinfo* works with QEMU for me, so I guess it’s an issue
with the board. Please verify, if there are any differences if you use
the payload *coreinfo* directly. (The problem will probably be the
same.)

Then please try the same payload files/setup (SeaBIOS, coreinfo) with a
coreboot image built for QEMU.

If it works for you there, the reason is probably incomplete support
for your device. Please provide debug logs. Remember, that this is one
of the main advantages of coreboot, that you get elaborate messages.

Though, I have no idea, if somebody will have time and motivation to
fix this. So you might have to fix this yourself.

To not forget about this, and document this issue, it’d be great if you
created an issue in the coreboot bug tracker [2], and attach your
config files and captured log messages there.

Thanks,

Paul

PS: It’d be great, if you just send plain text messages with no HTML
parts to mailing lists.

[1] https://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2017-February/083418.html
[2] https://ticket.coreboot.org/