[coreboot] How is depreciating 95% of coreboot boards worth it for such minor improvements?

David Hendricks david.hendricks at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 01:41:21 CEST 2017

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Renze Nicolai <renze at rnplus.nl> wrote:

> Another thing: I don't understand the workflow for putting my
> boardstatus on the wiki yet. Could someone explain to me how I can
> publish on the wiki that my board works with a certain version of
> Coreboot? Also: how can I add a wiki page for my board?

Good point - Documentation is a problem here. There's a README in the
board_status directory, but it's pretty brief. We expect users to use
board_status but fail to document it well. I'll see what I can do to
improve this in coming days...

FWIW, the script was originally made for gathering info on a remote host
via SSH or serial since that's what Martin and I were doing at the time
when we hacked it up. But some people do coreboot development and testing
on the same machine which makes board_status usage awkward.