[coreboot] ThinkPad X201/X230 and COMPEX WLE900VX-7A wifi module

Alexander Couzens lynxis at fe80.eu
Thu Apr 13 16:47:50 CEST 2017

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 16:26:16 +0200
Marek Behun <kabel at blackhole.sk> wrote:

> I've just realized that on the compexshop webpage
> http://www.compexshop.com/product_info.php/cPath/104_105/products_id/452
> there is written
>
>   Attention : Atheros 11ac radio can't be used in PC or laptop, as
> BIOS do not detects it, as Atheros do not release such driver. Pls
> read reviews for more details about supported PC boards

Strange. haven't heared about that. But if it's neither on lspci nor on
lsusb, I'm really surprise, how the non-pc's should use this card?!

It might be a special "resevered"-minipcie-pin which must be put on
3.3V.
Or the card doesn't like the additional I2C, which is used by the
ME to connect to the Wifi card.

Can you write a mail to compex about it?
IMHO you should see the card on lspci anyhow, even if it's missing
some magic init procedures.

Best,
lynxis
--
Alexander Couzens

mail: lynxis at fe80.eu
jabber: lynxis at fe80.eu
mobile: +4915123277221
gpg: 390D CF78 8BF9 AA50 4F8F  F1E2 C29E 9DA6 A0DF 8604