[coreboot] ThinkPad X201/X230 and COMPEX WLE900VX-7A wifi module

Marek Behun kabel at blackhole.sk
Thu Apr 13 19:12:55 CEST 2017

> Strange. haven't heared about that. But if it's neither on lspci nor
> on lsusb, I'm really surprise, how the non-pc's should use this card?!
>
> It might be a special "resevered"-minipcie-pin which must be put on
> 3.3V.
> Or the card doesn't like the additional I2C, which is used by the
> ME to connect to the Wifi card.

I have found this datasheet
http://www.compex.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/WLE900VX-Hw-Guide-v1.1.pdf
for the card. There are 4 pins (8, 10, 12, 14) which have a different
function as the one I found here
http://pinoutguide.com/Slots/mini_pcie_pinout.shtml

Specifically, these are MCI_CLK_IN, MCI_CLK_OUT, MCI_DATA_OUT,
MCI_DATA_IN (on the pinout webpage there is instead VCC, I/O, CLK, RST).

I do not think this is the problem though, since ports 8, 10, 12 and 14
are marked as reserved...

> Can you write a mail to compex about it?
> IMHO you should see the card on lspci anyhow, even if it's missing
> some magic init procedures.

As I have written, the Lenovo 3000 N200 does see the card. I have
written to Compex, I will see what I'll found out.

Still I think it should be worthwhile to try to adapt the coreboot code
for Intel wifi cards for this card also.