[coreboot] ThinkPad X201/X230 and COMPEX WLE900VX-7A wifi module

Marek Behun kabel at blackhole.sk
Thu Apr 13 16:26:16 CEST 2017

Hello Alexander,

> a) you're using WWAN slot and not WLAN (on some models wwan slot is a
> full mini-pcie, but on most it's just usb)

No, I used the Wifi slot. As I have written, I had to file out the bump
so that I could put the full-sized card there.

> b) the slot is disabled in nvram - try to use nvramtool. If such a
> slot is disabled, the slot is hidden on pcie level, not sure if the
> power is cut as well.

The slot is not disabled, another Atheros card (half-sized Rivet
Networks Killer Wireless-AC 1525) is working.

I've just realized that on the compexshop webpage
http://www.compexshop.com/product_info.php/cPath/104_105/products_id/452
there is written

  Attention : Atheros 11ac radio can't be used in PC or laptop, as BIOS
  do not detects it, as Atheros do not release such driver. Pls read
  reviews for more details about supported PC boards

  We found that with our Linux PC the WLE600VX card radio (using
  miniPCIe to PCIe adapter card) is working well. Installed Ubuntu
  Vivid Vervet Alpha 2 with WLE600VX already inserted. Wireless
  detected immediately so the OS installation proceeded with
  automatically downloading updates.

Is it possible that some initialization has to be done in coreboot,
something like the src/drivers/intel/wifi does for some Intel cards?

Marek