[coreboot] ThinkPad X201/X230 and COMPEX WLE900VX-7A wifi module

Alexander Couzens lynxis at fe80.eu
Thu Apr 13 16:14:31 CEST 2017

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 15:58:14 +0200
Marek Behun <kabel at blackhole.sk> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> so I have tried to insert the COMPEX WLE900VX-7A wifi module
> (http://www.compexshop.com/product_info.php/cPath/104_105/products_id/452
> ) into the wifi slot of ThinkPad X230 and X201 (since on X230 the
> wifi slot is for half-sized module only, I had to file out the bump
> that is on one side istead of the hole for the screw).
>
> For some reason this module does not show on lspci on either of this
> laptops (with coreboot installed). On Lenovo 3000 N200, it does show
> up.

I'm using an atheros card as well on x201 and x220. It should work.

a) you're using WWAN slot and not WLAN (on some models wwan slot is a
full mini-pcie, but on most it's just usb)

b) the slot is disabled in nvram - try to use nvramtool. If such a slot
is disabled, the slot is hidden on pcie level, not sure if the power is
cut as well.

Best,
lynxis
--
Alexander Couzens

mail: lynxis at fe80.eu
jabber: lynxis at fe80.eu
mobile: +4915123277221
gpg: 390D CF78 8BF9 AA50 4F8F  F1E2 C29E 9DA6 A0DF 8604