[coreboot] ThinkPad X201/X230 and COMPEX WLE900VX-7A wifi module

Marek Behun kabel at blackhole.sk
Thu Apr 13 15:58:14 CEST 2017

Hello,

so I have tried to insert the COMPEX WLE900VX-7A wifi module
(http://www.compexshop.com/product_info.php/cPath/104_105/products_id/452
) into the wifi slot of ThinkPad X230 and X201 (since on X230 the
wifi slot is for half-sized module only, I had to file out the bump that
is on one side istead of the hole for the screw).

For some reason this module does not show on lspci on either of this
laptops (with coreboot installed). On Lenovo 3000 N200, it does show up.

Any idea what is the reason? Is this due to some pins being not powered
on the Wifi slots on ThinkPads, or something like that?

If it is not possible, I think I am going to create a
expresscard-to-minipcie reduction for this reason :D

Thanks.

MB