[coreboot] Nehalem not booting with two ram sticks

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Sun Nov 27 01:28:20 CET 2016

Hi Frederico,

On 26.11.2016 22:57, Federico Amedeo Izzo wrote:
> On 11/23/2016 10:14 AM, Zoran Stojsavljevic wrote:
>>
>> Federico, I have here also suggestion for you. You should try to run
>> only one DDR memory stick, and then record the memory values (since I
>> see from your logs that they are identical for both memories/DDRs),
>> and then to try to hard-code them for both sticks, altogether avoiding
>> raminit.c setup, and see if this improves your situation?!
>
> Hi Zoran and others,
>
> I finally flashed again coreboot after trying the Lenovo BIOS.
> I used the decode-dimms util to dump RAM info while on the Lenovo BIOS
> with both RAM sticks,
> and run the same program on the coreboot BIOS with just one stick.
>
> Sadly the output on coreboot is the same of the output on Lenovo BIOS so
> no info gained by this.

this is pretty much expected. `decode-dimms` reads the SPD ROM on the
DIMM. It's just static data about the timings that the DIMM supports.

You can read the current configuration of the memory controller with
`inteltool -m` (you'll find it in util/inteltool/ of the coreboot tree).

Hope that helps,
Nico