[coreboot] Baytrail MMC ACPI mode

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 09:00:25 CEST 2016

Hello/Privet Alex,

I'll try to help you, since I am not too much familiar with the eMMC
drivers in Coreboot. I bet there are none, but there must be BCT support as
you outlined it: *"Enable PCI mode for SCC devices" (PcdSccEnablePciMode)"*.

I never tried to set eMMC on BayTrail on Coreboot (in fact, I never tried
BayTrail with Coreboot, but I did try others' companies Coreboot images on
once upon a time BayleyBay Fab.3 E3826 (dual Core) CRB). But I did try all
of (and more) what you are writing here with various INTEL and AMI BIOSes.
It is off topic.

Here is what I did try on some other customized platform, using E3845 B3
and D0 steppings, and AMI BIOS. This is how I did setup with South Bridge,
SCC controller:

[image: Inline image 1]

Indeed, I was able to install Linux on eMMC (it was eMMC 5.0 compliant,
32GB size, paired with BYT-I as written above, which supports up to eMMC
4.51), namely Fedora 21 (if I recall correctly), and it worked seamlessly.

I admit, I never tried WIN, but I do know that there are special INTEL
drivers developed for embedded WIN (for WEC 7 and WEC 2013). I am not sure
if such amenities exist for WES 7 (indirectly for WIN 7), you should check
these yourself:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/bay-trail/software-and-drivers.html

Maybe you can find some WIN eMMC driver support on this site. At least I
hope. Hope dies last. ;-)

Hope this helps/nadejus6 eto pomozet,
Zoran