[coreboot] Acer Chromebook 15 debug

John Lewis jlewis at johnlewis.ie
Wed Sep 2 19:09:22 CET 2015

On 2015-09-02 01:26, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * John Lewis <jlewis at johnlewis.ie> [150830 18:43]:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> Coolstar Organisation wants to do his Windows thang with one of the
>> Broadwell Chromebooks, so I'm trying to build a working ROM with
>> chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/third_party/coreboot/+/firmware-yuna-6301.59.B
>> to give him a hand. Luckily USB debug works with this, so here is
>> what I'm getting. What could I do next?
>
> Do you happen to know if the hang happens at the same spot when using
> serial?
>

>> Incidentally, if I flash back my backup, it goes into recovery mode
>> now every time I boot (flags are 0x489), I've tried pulling the
>> battery to no avail. If anyone has a trick to get around that, I'd
>> appreciate it, as the Acer is my main machine.
>
> What is the recovery reason? (<TAB> at the recovery screen)

0x54 TPM read error in rewritable firmware

I've done a bit more work and got that coreboot branch building in what
I think is a relatively sane manner, although it doesn't get us any
further in the bootstrap process. I'm going to continue with that, as at
the moment the external refcode binary is being left out. If I get
stuck, or I make progress, I'll post the diff and log output. Thanks for
your input so far.