[coreboot] intel atom e3815

Testerman, Brett (US COM) Brett.Testerman at cobham.com
Fri Oct 16 23:55:32 CEST 2015

John,

One 'gotcha' of  the Minnowboard Max to look out for is based on a GPIO (jumper setting) it will override some of the DRAM settings that you put into your FSP. You probably do not want that. I found it better to use the Baker Sport for ECC designs or the Bayley Bay for non-ECC designs as a starting point with custom hardware.

There are a lot of things to consider when trying to boot this chip. One thing I learned the hard way is you do not have to cover the images on the E3800 family (Baytrail-I) and it will boot without the TXE image in the boot flash. But if you leave the TXE out the XDP port is disabled.

Brett

Long time reader - 1st time posting to this mailing list. Thanks everyone for the support you give so many.