[coreboot] Need help with MSI MS-7260 (K9N Neo) / MSI MS-7250 (K9N SLI)

cjn at post1.dansknet.dk cjn at post1.dansknet.dk
Thu Feb 19 21:44:27 CET 2015

Hi,

I'd like to run coreboot on my MSI MS-7250 (K9N SLI) mainboard. This
board is apparently quite similar to the MSI MS-7260 (K9N Neo) which is
already supported:

http://www.coreboot.org/Board:msi/ms7260

This is what my board looks like, though mine is a version 2.2:

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9N_SLI.html#hero-specification

I tried booting the board with a coreboot ROM built for the MS-7260
(and an "AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+" CPU, 4 1GB DIMM
sticks, and a Radeon 7000 graphics card). That didn't work, but I've
attached the log. I've also attached the outputs from lspci,
superiotool, and flashrom, for good measure.

What needs to be done and what's a good place to start?

Christian