[coreboot] Need help with MSI MS-7260 (K9N Neo) / MSI MS-7250 (K9N SLI)

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 06:30:15 CET 2015

On 02/19/2015 10:44 PM, cjn at post1.dansknet.dk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to run coreboot on my MSI MS-7250 (K9N SLI) mainboard. This
> board is apparently quite similar to the MSI MS-7260 (K9N Neo) which is
> already supported:
>
> http://www.coreboot.org/Board:msi/ms7260

Hi

I don't have experience with either of the boards. The log you attached
suggests something is going wrong with cache coherency when doing MTRR
setup. Seems like console spinlock no longer works as those printk()
calls from different cores get interleaved.

This problem may not be related to the exact board you have.

Similarity does not mean it is easy to fix the remaining differences,
the log seems fairly promising though.

Kyösti