[coreboot] Automated test system: Nominations wanted

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Feb 27 12:20:46 CET 2015

This is a friendly reminder. 2 days left for nominations of systems.

On 19.02.2015 00:14, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> The selection of target systems should include:
> 1. at least one x86 laptop without an active ME (present but inactive
> would be OK)
> 2. at least one x86 laptop which can boot x86-blob-free (except microcode)
> 3. at least one x86 board or laptop which needs neither blobs (except
> microcode) nor ME
> 4. at least one x86 board with reasonable (past or present) business
> market penetration
> 5. if the first two laptops use the same CPU vendor, a board using a
> different x86 CPU vendor
> [...]
> Please nominate machines (e.g. "Thinkpad T60 with Intel graphics") and
> tell me to which category they belong. If a system fits into multiple
> categories, please specify that as well.
> I will try to consolidate the recommendations and buy those machines.
> Once the system is up and running (hopefully in May), I will add more
> machines suggested by the community as time permits.
>
> The time window for suggestions will close at the end of February.

So far I got the following nominations:
- asus f2a85-m (desktop board)
- tyan s8226 and/or supermicro h8scm and/or supermicro h8qgi (server board)
- Qemu and a couple of the boards supported by SimNOW (no category)
- Thinkpad T60 with ATI graphics (no ME, but with graphics blob)

I can't find the suggestions on IRC anymore (searching in the scrollback
buffer is harder than I thought), so if you still remember which
boards/machines were proposed on IRC, please send an email listing them.

Thanks,
Carl-Daniel