[coreboot] coreboot: amd debug

Timothy Pearson tpearson at raptorengineeringinc.com
Tue Feb 3 20:46:47 CET 2015

On 02/03/2015 01:43 PM, Alexander Couzens wrote:
> Hi Timothy,
>
> thanks for your work on coreboot. I've here some amd boards which I would like to write support for coreboot.
> I'm wondering how you debug your amd boards? Do you have jtag support?
>
> Best,
> Alex

I did not need to use JTAG when porting as there was already
partially-functional K10 support in coreboot.  I used the serial console
mostly, and as the ROM was socketed it was fastest to simply hot-swap
ROMs between a good vendor BIOS and the coreboot development image.

What family of processor and northbridge are you looking to support?

--
Timothy Pearson
Raptor Engineering