[coreboot] Mohon Peak, Memtest86+ does not start

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Fri Feb 20 14:27:49 CET 2015

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 02:45:42PM +0300, Kuzmichev Viktor wrote:
> Yes, Martin Roth mentioned earlier about SeaBIOS not supporting serial
> input.
>
> I've tried sgabios, but it looks like in order for it to work properly, I
> should disable all serial debug which is not very convenient.

To prevent the duplicate messages from SeaBIOS, one can set the
SeaBIOS debug level to 1 and set the "etc/screen-and-debug" setting as
described at: http://www.coreboot.org/SeaBIOS#Adding_sgabios_support

This wont prevent duplicates from grub, but if sgabios works properly
then you may be able to disable grub serial.

> However, in one of my latest e-mails I suggested that SeaBIOS should not
> control serial input in memtest since memtest has its own code for serial
> input handling. And still, input via serial console does not work in
> memtest. Any idea why that's the case?

I'm not familiar with memtest internals, so I can't help here.

-Kevin