[coreboot] OpenID

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Apr 10 00:51:42 CEST 2015

Patrick Georgi via coreboot wrote:
> gerrit maintenance is done, the site is back to normal.
> What changed: Besides the current OpenID configuration, it's now also
> possible to log in with OAuth.
..
> I also considered adding GitHub as authentication provider

I think it would be nice to provide authentication ourselves.

If there's interest I'm happy to help duplicate the OpenID provider
setup which I run on my server onto a coreboot server.

Whether that happens or not, if anyone wants an OpenID from me to
work on coreboot then send me your username, output from
printf 'your password' | md5sum, your name, email and a URL where
you can add two <link> tags to <head> - that URL will be your OpenID
identity, only the login form is on my server. If you have no URL
then I'll provide one.

> it's not yet possible to link OAuth credentials to existing accounts

It might be possible for existing users to add a new OpenID identity
to their account themselves, but I'm not sure - Patrick might have to
help with that if you have an existing account and want to switch the
type of identity provider now.

//Peter