[coreboot] Server maintenance done. Action Required for users that authenticate with Google accounts

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Thu Apr 9 10:16:46 CEST 2015

Hi,

gerrit maintenance is done, the site is back to normal.
What changed: Besides the current OpenID configuration, it's now also
possible to log in with OAuth. This change is necessary because Google
will retire the OpenID authentication scheme for their users this
month.

I also considered adding GitHub as authentication provider but held
off because it's not yet possible to link OAuth credentials to
existing accounts, a bug in the authentication provider we're using
(and I'm trying to avoid duplicate accounts)
GitHub as authentication provider will be added as soon as the
remaining issue on the server is sorted out.

To retain access with a Google based account after April 19th (or so,
timezones are complicated), some work is required. Even though the
instructions are very detailed, it's a really quick process, so do it
now!

1. Log out of review.coreboot.org (top right of the screen)
2. Log in again, select 'Google OAuth2 (gerrit-oauth-provider-plugin)'
3. Google will ask you if you want to grant 'coreboot' some limited
access to your account. Acknowledge that
4. After the login is done, go to
http://review.coreboot.org/#/settings/web-identities
4a. You should see a line 'Google Account' for the email address you
used as identifier, and another line with the same email address and a
long number is 'identity'.
5. If there are more Google Accounts in that list for which there
isn't another line with a numerical identifier, repeat the process for
them.

After the switch-over at Google, this automatic linking of accounts
may or may not stop to work (I have no idea).
If you notice that you end up with a new account
(http://review.coreboot.org/#/dashboard/self empty when it shouldn't
be), contact me ASAP so I can link the accounts on the server side
before the new account sees lots of activity.
Since that's additional work for you and me, please try to avoid it :-)

Thanks,
Patrick
--
Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg