No subject

Sun Dec 9 17:34:17 CET 2012

--------------------
I have the code to set the legacy registers to start VGA for a vga console,
integrated into linuxbios, working on two different integrated chips, the
stpc cpu/chipset, and the sis 630 chipset.  It sets the registers for
640x400 std text vga, and also 640x480x4 graphics.  I was working on the
display of a .pcx graphics file when I had to get onto something else, but
it was all working the last time I tried it.

The only reason this hasn't been integrated into linuxbios codebase at this
point is partly lack of interest (I think) in this group, since most use the
serial console, and partly that I have been off on other things lately.

Until this gets into the linuxbios base, anyone that wants the code just
send me an email.
-----------------------

I guess as interest picks up, we need to integrate it into linuxbios.  File
list is below.

-Steve

#added files

#vga generic
src/include/pc80/vga.h
src/pc80/beep.c
src/pc80/font_8x16.c
src/pc80/vga_load_pcx.c
src/pc80/vga_load_regs.c
src/pc80/vga_set_mode.c

#this is a replacement
src/lib/video_subr.c

#pcchips 787 specific
util/config/pcchips787.config
src/mainboard/pcchips/m787cl+/irq_tables.c
src/mainboard/pcchips/m787cl+/Config
src/mainboard/pcchips/m787cl+/dll.inc
src/mainboard/pcchips/m787cl+/mainboard.c

#sis-vga specific
src/northsouthbridge/sis/630/chipinit.h
src/northsouthbridge/sis/630/chipinit.inc
src/northsouthbridge/sis/630/sis630_vga.c

#stpc specific
util/config/stpc.config
src/include/cpu/stpc/consumer2/stpc.h
src/include/cpu/stpc/consumer2/vga_stpc.h
src/cpu/stpc/consumer2/stpc_ram_init.inc
src/cpu/stpc/consumer2/stpc_shadow_rom.inc
src/cpu/stpc/consumer2/stpc_chip.inc
src/cpu/stpc/consumer2/stpc_ioinit.inc
src/cpu/stpc/consumer2/stpc_memsize.inc
src/cpu/stpc/consumer2/stpc_cache.inc
src/cpu/stpc/consumer2/stpc_idt.inc
src/cpu/stpc/consumer2/stpc_framebuffer.inc
src/cpu/stpc/consumer2/stpc_vga.c
src/cpu/stpc/consumer2/Config
src/cpu/stpc/consumer2/stpc_conf.c
src/superio/SMC/fdc37b78x
src/superio/SMC/fdc37b78x/setup_serial.inc
src/superio/SMC/fdc37b78x/superio.c
src/superio/SMC/fdc37b78x/superio.o
src/mainboard/stpc/consumer2/Config
src/mainboard/stpc/consumer2/mainboard.c
src/mainboard/stpc/consumer2/irq_tables.c
src/northsouthbridge/stpc/consumer2/Config
src/northsouthbridge/stpc/consumer2/nsbridge.c

#changed (diff) files

src/include/pc80/ide.h
src/pc80/Config
src/pc80/ide/ide.c
src/lib/linuxbiosmain.c
src/arch/i386/lib/hardwaremain.c
src/arch/i386/lib/params.c
src/arch/i386/include/arch/pirq_routing.h
src/rom/ide_fill_inbuf.c
src/rom/floppy_fill_inbuf.c
src/cpu/p5/Config
src/cpu/p5/delay_tsc.c
src/northsouthbridge/sis/630/Config
src/northsouthbridge/sis/630/raminit.inc
src/northsouthbridge/sis/630/southbridge.c