[coreboot] SVN Coreboot-v3 with SVN OpenBIOS payload panics on boot with qemu

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 20:33:59 CET 2009

Myles Watson wrote:

> boot eax = 0x2badb002
> boot ebx = 0xf0000
> boot arg = 0x2
>
> That doesn't look good. 0x2badb002 instead of 0x100060 in the working
> log.  I don't know much about OpenBIOS, but I'm happy to help if it
> looks like the resource allocation is breaking it.  Have you tried it
> without the printk buffer enabled?
>
> Thanks,
> Myles

Hi Myles,

Possibly - I'm still quite new to both codebases at the moment. Based
upon your advice I just tried undefining "CONSOLE_BUFFER" in "make
menuconfig", and then did a complete "make clean; make" once again.
Sadly after installing this coreboot/OpenBIOS, qemu SVN still fails to
boot with exactly the same error.

ATB,

Mark.

--