[coreboot] SVN Coreboot-v3 with SVN OpenBIOS payload panics on boot with qemu

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 18:55:46 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland
<mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm been trying the latest SVN versions of coreboot-v3, OpenBIOS and Qemu
> together and I am experiencing a panic on boot when launching
> qemu-system-x86_64. I can see some hardware enumeration but before the
> OpenBIOS prompt appears, qemu puts out the following message on the console:
>
> qemu: hardware error: register_ioport_write: invalid opaque
>
> As far as I can tell, I don't think that it's a qemu issue since qemu SVN
> successfully boots with the pre-built coreboot-v3/OpenBIOS image found at
> http://www.coreboot.org/QEMU#coreboot_v3_.2B_OpenBIOS, which suggests that
> the bug lies somewhere between OpenBIOS and coreboot.
>
> I've uploaded the full console output to
> http://pastebin.siriusit.co.uk/coreboot-v3-panic.txt in case other people
> may find it useful.

boot eax = 0x2badb002
boot ebx = 0xf0000
boot arg = 0x2

That doesn't look good. 0x2badb002 instead of 0x100060 in the working
log.  I don't know much about OpenBIOS, but I'm happy to help if it
looks like the resource allocation is breaking it.  Have you tried it
without the printk buffer enabled?

Thanks,
Myles