[coreboot] SVN Coreboot-v3 with SVN OpenBIOS payload panics on boot with qemu

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 18:35:11 CET 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm been trying the latest SVN versions of coreboot-v3, OpenBIOS and
Qemu together and I am experiencing a panic on boot when launching
qemu-system-x86_64. I can see some hardware enumeration but before the
OpenBIOS prompt appears, qemu puts out the following message on the console:

qemu: hardware error: register_ioport_write: invalid opaque

As far as I can tell, I don't think that it's a qemu issue since qemu
SVN successfully boots with the pre-built coreboot-v3/OpenBIOS image
found at http://www.coreboot.org/QEMU#coreboot_v3_.2B_OpenBIOS, which
suggests that the bug lies somewhere between OpenBIOS and coreboot.

I've uploaded the full console output to
http://pastebin.siriusit.co.uk/coreboot-v3-panic.txt in case other
people may find it useful.

ATB,

Mark.