[coreboot] Helping coreboot

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 17:26:09 CET 2009

Hi all,
 I read a very interesting thread at ubuntuforums while I was looking
for solution for my BIOS.

I saw the whole thread and at the very end

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=6154877&postcount=32

"Developers on the Coreboot mailing list have clearly stated that this
information is spamming the list. Unless you want to try a patch or
make your own patch and you are fully ready to test Coreboot on your
system there is no point in posting your information to the list,"

This is a pity.  Is there a possibility that perhaps some of the info.
could be put up somewhere and could be used at a later stage/state by
the developers if it could be put at some central location?

A kind of repository for the info.

Another thing,  (just for fun) I checked out the trunk and tried to
make getpir . I do get the following error.

shirish at shirish-desktop:~/coreboot-v2/util/getpir$ sudo make
[sudo] password for shirish:
gcc -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -DGETPIR -Wall   -c -o getpir.o getpir.c
gcc -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -DGETPIR -Wall   -c -o checksum.o checksum.c
gcc -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -DGETPIR -Wall   -c -o code_gen.o code_gen.c
gcc -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -DGETPIR -Wall -o getpir getpir.o checksum.o code_gen.o
./getpir
Probing PIRQ table in memory.
Found PCI IRQ routing table signature at 0xf7a00.
Validating... checksum is ok.
Creating irq_tables.c ...
Done, you can move the file to the coreboot tree now.
gcc -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -DGETPIR -Wall   -c -o irq_tables.o irq_tables.c
irq_tables.c:43: error: expected identifier or '(' before 'unsigned'
make: *** [irq_tables.o] Error 1

Why does it give an error? is it due to me using gcc version 4.3.2

$ gcc --version
gcc (Ubuntu 4.3.2-1ubuntu11) 4.3.2

Lastly, keep up the good work.
--