[coreboot] via vt82c686 southbridge

Daniel Lindenaar daniel-coreboot at lindenaar.eu
Thu Sep 4 18:15:52 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,
Too bad, first test boot didn't work... at all... I expected the early
serial stuff to work at least (as this was already in svn, but...)

I'm using a very simple null-modem cable with only rx,tx and ground
wired. Is this enough or does coreboot require a more complete cable?

Also, do I need some special settings to enable the debugging output?

I really feel like the newbie now, asking these basic questions :),
but I also would really like to get this thing working on this
motherboard...

regards Daniel