[coreboot] problem about ioapic

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Mon Apr 21 09:45:48 CEST 2008

>>   The CN700 D0F7 Rx7c's value is 0 and it's not mentioned on the
>>   datasheet, and there is no D11F7
>>   on VT8237R, I wonder if I misunderstood your meaning?

D11F7 it is for VT8237A/S

> My fault, I messed up D0F3 Rx86 / D0F7 RxE6, it should be 0x2d.
> now kernel boots ok,

cool

> only the ethernet card has problem with getting an irq.
> I'll see if it's a table configuration problem.

I think I dont have the IRQ in my tables for for asus a8v-e SE because they use
gigabit card. Just add it to ACPI/MADT table.

And dont forget to copy the shadow RAM register settings from NB back to
southbridge, (D0F7 registers around 0x60, check the NB code of k8t890) or
the dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/null will not work and DMA will timeout just after
you will all memory with the buffers - and lastly the 0xC0000-0xEFFFF, which
will fail the DMA.

Also dont forget to setup v-link to something reasonable + the v-link
compensation values.

Rudolf