[coreboot] problem about ioapic

aaron lwe aaron.lwe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 11:06:18 CEST 2008

>  I think I dont have the IRQ in my tables for for asus a8v-e SE because they
> use gigabit card. Just add it to ACPI/MADT table.

It turned out that the ethernet card get its memory mapped address at
0xfec00000,
which should be reserved. I manually add 0xfec00000 and 0xfee00000 in
filo as two
reserved regions when doing a e820 map convert and then linux
automatically changed
ethernet card's memory base address to 0x40000000, problem solved.
I haven't time to see this pci memory allocation issuse, just make it
work this way for now.
and coreboot doesn't seem to have a way to reserve a memory region, does it?

>  And dont forget to copy the shadow RAM register settings from NB back to
> southbridge, (D0F7 registers around 0x60, check the NB code of k8t890) or
>  the dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/null will not work and DMA will timeout just
> after you will all memory with the buffers - and lastly the 0xC0000-0xEFFFF,
> which will fail the DMA.

Thanks for the information.

I've another MB with a C7+CN700+VT8237R, and I cannot make apic work on it yet.
The worked MB is VIA eden + CN700 + VT8237R.
I put the following code in vt8237r_lpc.c:
l[0] = 0x1;
val = l[4];
printk_debug("ioapic ver is %d\n", val);
and the result is 0. the result is right when using the worked MB.
So I guess maybe C7 has more to configure than just the code in lapic.c.

Thanks,