[coreboot] Flashing problem with SST49LF004B

malatesh kamatad malateshkamat at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 10:41:02 CEST 2008

Hi..

         We are having two BIOS i.e, PM49FL004( motherboard's BIOS) and
empty flashrom

        SST49LF004B ..

       We are trying to flash the content of PM49FL004 to SST49LF004B
flashrom

        according to your suggestion we have done ..we are getting output
as bellow..

[root at localhost ~]# flashrom -E

Calibrating delay loop... OK.

No coreboot table found.

Found chipset "VIA VT8237", enabling flash write... OK.

SST49LF004A/B found at physical address 0xfff80000.

Flash part is SST49LF004A/B (512 KB).

Erasing flash chip

Erasing page: 0007 at address: 0x00070000

[root at localhost ~]# flashrom -r malateh.bin

Calibrating delay loop... OK.

No coreboot table found.

Found chipset "VIA VT8237", enabling flash write... OK.

SST49LF004A/B found at physical address 0xfff80000.

Flash part is SST49LF004A/B (512 KB).

Reading Flash...done

[root at localhost ~]# flashrom -w malateh.bin

Calibrating delay loop... OK.

No coreboot table found.

Found chipset "VIA VT8237", enabling flash write... OK.

SST49LF004A/B found at physical address 0xfff80000.

Flash part is SST49LF004A/B (512 KB).

Flash image seems to be a legacy BIOS. Disabling checks.

Programming page: 0007 at address: 0x00070000

[root at localhost ~]# flashrom -v malateh.bin

Calibrating delay loop... OK.

No coreboot table found.

Found chipset "VIA VT8237", enabling flash write... OK.

SST49LF004A/B found at physical address 0xfff80000.

Flash part is SST49LF004A/B (512 KB).

Flash image seems to be a legacy BIOS. Disabling checks.

Verifying flash... VERIFIED.

 After that we tried to boot the system by SST49lf004B but system is not
rebooting....

So we want to flash the content of the Pm49fl004 to SST49lf004 so that our
system can boot

using SST49lf004....

thanks,
Malatesh..