[coreboot] Flashing problem with SST49LF004B

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Apr 4 11:29:21 CEST 2008

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 02:11:02PM +0530, malatesh kamatad wrote:
> We are having two BIOS i.e, PM49FL004( motherboard's BIOS) and
> empty flashrom SST49LF004B ..
>
> We are trying to flash the content of PM49FL004 to SST49LF004B flashrom
> according to your suggestion we have done ..we are getting output
> as bellow..

Yes, you said so earlier. There is clearly a language issue. :\

Please start investigating what happens with the SST flash chip after
each flashrom operation.

Step by step:

* Insert Pm49LF004 chip
* Run flashrom -r original.bin
* Insert SST49LF004B chip
* Run flashrom -E
* Run flashrom -r sst_after_erase.bin
* Run flashrom -w original.bin
* Run flashrom -r sst_after_write.bin
* Analyze sst_after_*.bin and try to find a pattern that can explain
  what is failing at each step.

//Peter