[SeaBIOS] seabios fails to build with current IASL

Vivia Nikolaidou n.vivia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 23:36:27 CEST 2018

Hi,

Thanks for taking action on this bug that I reported.

This is a follow-up from
https://mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/seabios/2018-July/012353.html - I
just subscribed to the mailing list and I don't have an easy way to
reply to that email directly.

On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 09:10:34AM +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:

> If you don't want use the prebuilt tables I think the sane options are
> (a) use a older iasl compiler, or (b) flip ACPI_DSDT to "n" and drop
> support for qemu 1.3 + older.

Since (a) isn't an option in Debian, I tried going for (b) (did it
directly in debian/rules when generating .config, without adding a patch
for it). It still failed to compile without the patch that truncates the
Table ID in the DefinitionBlock. Removing the prebuilt tables before
compilation also didn't work, as they are used quite extensively in
acpi.c. I'm not sure I haven't misunderstood something here, but when
you say that flipping ACPI_DSDT to "n" would make it not use the
prebuilt tables, what exactly do you mean?

That said, would the combination of the truncating patch + flipping
ACPI_DSDT to "n" be an acceptable solution to fix the build in Debian?

Best regards,

Vivia