[SeaBIOS] seabios issue

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Sun Jul 1 03:31:20 CEST 2018

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 04:39:33PM -0400, Roger Lawhorn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Recently my qemu with gpu passthrough setup quit working.
>
> I think it is seabios related.
> i have turned on debugging for seabios.
>
> Here is the output from seabios from a successful windows 10 boot using an
> emulated vga adapter:
>
> https://pastebin.com/f3DCqTbc
>

> Here is the output when using my nvidia gtx 880m 8gb gaming card:
>
> https://pastebin.com/GpWKZadh

The last message in that log:

Running option rom at c000:0003

indicates that SeaBIOS executed the option rom.  Likely, the option
rom code failed and never returned to SeaBIOS.  Unfortunately, there's
no good way to debug what went wrong as we don't have access to the
option rom code.

If this is a regression, you might try going through "git bisect" with
qemu and/or seabios to try and determine what change resulted in the
regression.