[SeaBIOS] Bootsplash / Patch for 32bpp BMP support

Gert Menke gert at menke.ac
Sun Mar 26 18:00:45 CEST 2017

Hi,

On 2017-03-25 01:26, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> FYI, patches for seabios should be sent via 'git send-email' or 'git
> format-patch' and they should contain a signed-off-by line in the
> description.  Also, tabs should be avoided (in favor of spaces).  See:
> https://www.seabios.org/Contributing
Thanks, I didn't know that.
I will update my patch and send a new version.

> Wouldn't it be better to adjust raw_data_format_adjust() to convert
> from 24bpp bmps to 32bit mode automatically?
Not sure if raw_data_format_adjust() has a way of knowing if it's 24bpp
or 32bpp. I'll look into it again.

> Seems annoying to have to store a 32bit bmp in flash.
Doesn't make too much of a difference if you use LZMA. (coreboot
currently only offers adding an uncompressed BMP in its configuration,
but it is easily added by hand with cbfstool and works fine with
compression.)

Cheers
Gert