[SeaBIOS] SSL certificate error - SeaBIOS git repository

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 5 12:21:18 CEST 2017

Dear qmastery,

Am Sonntag, den 04.06.2017, 22:44 +0000 schrieb qma ster:
> Good day! When I select "SeaBIOS version - master" at my coreboot
> build settings, it tries to obtain the latest SeaBIOS from your git
> repository. However I am getting the following error:
>     Cloning SeaBIOS from Git
> Cloning into 'seabios'...
> mafatal: unable to access
> 'https://review.coreboot.org/p/seabios.git/': SSL certificate problem:
> unable to get local issuer certificate
> make[1]: *** [Makefile:19: seabios] Error 128
> make: *** [payloads/external/Makefile.inc:72:
> payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios/out/bios.bin.elf] Error 2
>
> Of course this problem will disappear if I will add
> "GIT_SSL_NO_VERIFY=true" before git clone
> https://review.coreboot.org/p/seabios.git/ command, but this is
> incorrect and insecure solution. Please fix your SSL certificates. My
> OpenSSL version is 1.1.0-f-1 and OpenSSL-1.0 version is 1.0.2.l-1 if
> that matters. I am not having problems with coreboot git repository,
> only with SeaBIOS repository

I am unable to reproduce this with Debian Sid/unstable which ships
1.1.0f-2.

```
$ curl -I https://review.coreboot.org/p/seabios.git/
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Server: nginx/1.8.1
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2017 09:30:58 GMT
$ git clone https://review.coreboot.org/p/seabios.git/
[…]
```

I believe that’s a problem with your local setup. But I am out of
ideas, as you say it works with the coreboot repository URL.

https://review.coreboot.org/p/coreboot.git/

Thanks,

Paul