[SeaBIOS] [coreboot] Booting Windows 8 failed

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Mon Mar 30 15:57:05 CEST 2015

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 03:25:22AM +0000, Zheng Bao wrote:
> The same SeaBIOS image and same win8 hard drive can boot Mullins and Kabini.
> So I believe the SeaBIOS and hard drive are both OK.
>
> Since it is a new APU, there might be some potential problem in
> Coreboot. But I have no way to find it out. What I am looking for is
> the way to debug at Windows bootloader stage, before the kernel
> image is loaded.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any really good ways to debug third
party code on real hardware.  There are a few steps you could try:
enable seabios debug level 8 on both the working and non-working
boards and compare the output, post the full debug level 8 log here
and on the coreboot mailing list to see if anyone can spot something
incorrect, review and possibly simplify the acpi tables to make sure
they aren't the cause of a problem, run memtest to make sure the
board's memory and mappings are working properly, see if there is some
way to enable debugging in the third party bootloader itself.