[SeaBIOS] [coreboot] Booting Windows 8 failed

Zheng Bao fishbaoz at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 30 05:25:22 CEST 2015

The same SeaBIOS image and same win8 hard drive can boot Mullins and Kabini.
So I believe the SeaBIOS and hard drive are both OK.

Since it is a new APU, there might be some potential problem in Coreboot. But I have
no way to find it out. What I am looking for is the way to debug at Windows bootloader
stage, before the kernel image is loaded.

Zheng

On 3/25/2015 3:59 PM, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> There have been success reports with SeaBIOS booting Windows 8, so
> it's not a general win8 problem.

for sure - no issues booting Win8/8.1/10TP on the Haswell ChromeOS devices using SeaBIOS 1.8.0