[SeaBIOS] SeaBIOS recognising USB 3.0 on boot works - partly

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Mon Dec 21 20:08:56 CET 2015

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 06:44:18PM +0000, edward wandasiewicz wrote:
> With 47-g977a7d4, we get
>
> 1. YES - we get no duplicate of the Philips, and get just one of each
> appear in the boot list, Mushkin & Philips
>
> 2. NO - we sometimes get just the Mushkin only - no Philips detected -
> with both devices plugged in, about 1 in 10 cold boot starts - both
> plugged in USB 3 port and both plugged in Type C port
>
> The 2 Type C cables used, are those from the Google Play Store, for the record.
>
> cbmem attached for each.

It looks like in both of the failure logs that the super/high
confusion delayed the usb3 connection notification past the time
SeaBIOS was looking for connection notifications.  I suspect you could
get around this by increasing "etc/usb-time-sigatt".  (For example, by
adding "$CBFSTOOL $CBFSFILE add-int -i 300 -n etc/usb-time-sigatt" to
the "Other settings" section of the chrome image building script I
previously sent.)  This "secondary failure" after patch 47 is one of
the reasons I'm not sure how to really fix the dup drive issue.