[SeaBIOS] Problems booting legacy OSes on Chromebook Pixel 2015

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 23 23:01:29 CEST 2015

Dear Charles, dear Kevin,

Am Donnerstag, den 23.04.2015, 08:11 -0400 schrieb Kevin O'Connor:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 07:26:27PM -0500, Charles Howell wrote:

[…]

> Another option would be to try booting a Linux image - access to the
> cbmem console would be helpful even if booting Linux is not the goal.

GRUB also ships with a module to print the CBMEM console with the
command `cbmemc` [1]. You’ll probably need to rebuild GRUB and put it
for example on a USB storage device and choose that from SeaBIOS’ boot
menu.

Unfortunately, I have no idea, how you can store that output without a
serial console. You could take pictures. Probably GRUB has some support
to write to a file, but I do not know how.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] grub-core/term/i386/coreboot/cbmemc.c