[SeaBIOS] How to load but not run Option ROMs?

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Mon Jul 14 10:15:30 CEST 2014

  Hi,

> Looking for configuration options in SeaBIOS, there is the Kconfig
> option `OPTIONROMS_DEPLOYED`, which only available for QEMU though. Also
> it uses placed/loaded Option ROMs and still runs them.

Yes, that it something different, seabios expects qemu to copy the roms
to 0xc0000+.  Which qemu stopped doing in version 0.12 (pci rom bar is
used for option roms these days), so this is pretty much dead code by
now ...

> I guess more Kconfig options have to be added to support my use case.

Yes.  Where does the option rom is located?  Firmware flash I assume
(therefore cbfs in the coreboot+seabios case)?  If it would be in the
pci rom bar the linux driver could simply load it from there
directly ...

cheers,
  Gerd