[SeaBIOS] WfW setup and DOS display.sys hanging

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Wed Feb 5 20:08:04 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 01:34:19PM -0500, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 02:19:58PM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> > On Di, 2014-02-04 at 20:47 +0100, Kevin Wolf wrote:
> > > Hi Gerd,
> > >
> > > Am 09.01.2014 um 00:20 hat Sebastian geschrieben:

> > > now that you sent a pull request for a SeaBIOS update, I tried what
> > > would happen with this one. Sadly, while it does fix my hanging Win 7
> > > boot, DOS still hangs while loading display.sys.
> >
> > [ This is http://www.kraxel.org/cgit/qemu/tag/?id=pull-roms-1
> >   with the 1.7.4 update ]
> >
> > Digged out my prehistoric msdos floppy images.  Can confirm the hang.
> > Using default vga (i.e. cirrus).
>
> I can't reproduce the hang with the dosidle program linked by
> Sebastian.  (I ran the program on freedos and on an msdos floppy and
> both times it said it install succesfully.)  Can someone walk through
> the steps needed to reproduce the problem?

I found some old Win3.1 images, and I do see the failure running setup
on that (when run from dos 6).  I'll look into it.

Sebastian, can you document the steps to reproduce the dosidle and
display.sys failure?  (I tried putting display.sys into a dos6
config.sys, but it doesn't like my parameters so I don't think it's
doing anything.)