[SeaBIOS] [RFC] Add SeaBIOS wiki documents to git repo

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Wed Dec 17 15:28:07 CET 2014

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 03:13:32PM +0100, Markus Armbruster wrote:

> >> I don't see editing wiki syntax in $editor as a problem.
> >
> > The really long lines are annoying to work with.  git-send-email even
> > complains about lines over 998 characters long.
>
> A sufficiently powerful editor (Emacs: visual-line-mode) should make it
> somewhat less annoying.  Alternatively, edit *only* in an editor, and
> avoid long lines.

It's the mediawiki syntax that drives the long lines - certain
features, like lists, can't have newlines in them or they end the
list.  Normal paragraphs can actually have newlines in them, but if
you put a newline in the middle of some syntax (like a link) then it
wont interpet that syntax.  This makes a normal editor's auto line
wrap feature unusable.

Finally, there is the difficulty in "previewing" changes to see what
it will ultimately look like.

It's all possible to handle, but annoying.