[SeaBIOS] SeaBIOS as EFI application

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Nov 7 15:15:30 CET 2012

Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> > Thanks for voluntering to do it. ;)
>
> I’m writing bootloaders for BIOS, not for EFI¹.
> Which is why I’m asking in the first place

Noone else is working on it. Significant contributions to SeaBIOS
come from the virtualization community, where EFI is not very
pervasive.

> > Key word (well, acronym): CSM
>
> That one’s not in my² list… which one?

http://www.google.com/search?q=efi+csm

first hit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface

mentions "In 2008, more x86-64 systems have adopted UEFI. While many
of these systems still allow booting only the BIOS-based OSes via the
Compatibility Support Module (CSM) (thus does not appear to the user
that the system is UEFI-based)"

//Peter